Remains of Vietnam-era pilot, plane's observer to be buried
202 Remains of an Army pilot and an observer killed more than 50 years ago when their plane went down in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War will be buried with military honors at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
DETROIT (AP) â" Remains of an Army pilot and an observer killed more than 50 years ago when their plane went down in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War will be buried with military honors at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
The Defense Departmentâs POW/MIA Accounting Agency says ceremonies for Staff Sgt. Marshall Kipina of Calumet, Michigan, and Lt. Col. Robert Nopp of Salem, Oregon, are scheduled Thursday.
Nopp was 31 and Kipina was 21 when their aircraft failed to return in 1966 from surveillance mission over Laos, which share s a border with Vietnam. Nopp piloted the plane. The military says visibility was poor due to heavy thunderstorms.
The crash site was identified in the 1990s and later excavated. Their remains were accounted for earlier this year.
Copyright Â© 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.
- VDOT unveils final designs for W&OD Trail bridge over Lee Highway
- New initiative aims to keep Arlington Co. night life safe while boosting business
- Alexandria's assistant fire chief to take over Arlington Co. department
WTOP's Junior Reporter Contest
WTOP is looking for its next star reporter! Enter your child today for a chance to appear on WTOP, and take home a cash prize for your child and school.800
- DC Council moves closer to passing sports betting measure
- Surveys find âhealthyâ rockfish reproduction in Chesapeake Bay
- Redskins owner Snyder is selli ng his Md. mansion near the Potomac River
- Brooks: Wizards âcan compete against anybody in the Eastâ
- DC schools partner with college to offer associate degrees to high-schoolers
- Chinchillas, hedgehogs, hermit crabs could become legal pets in Fairfax Co.
- Man pleads guilty to sending white powder to Trump sons
- Police search Saudi consulâs home in Khashoggi case
- Treasury employee charged in leak linked to Muellerâs probe
- Should you pay off your mortgage before you retire?
5 products that will see the biggest Black Friday discounts in 2018
Black Friday can be overwhelming. To help you focus your efforts, hereâs a list o f the specific product categories that will see the biggest price drops this year.500
Fun & Games
Need a break? Play a quick game of solitaire or Sudoku. Or take one of our fun quizzes!500Source: Google News Vietnam | Netizen 24 Vietnam